5.11.2015

Space Walk Action - Starink

Space Walk Action (1983) - Starink

There aren't many examples of just straight-up pop music in my collection.  I do however have one weakness - 80's breakdance movie soundtracks.

Relatedly, here's a little gem from K-Tel that sought to capitalize on the burgeoning future of mastering breakdancing in 1983. It features some legit tunes from Herbie Hancock and Grandmaster Flash on one side, but the main purpose of this disc is to somehow verbally teach you to break all on your own!  Clearly a ripoff off MJ's Moonwalk move, this track delivers the inner-city urban equivalent of a square dance by calling out the actual moves you need to successfully Moonwalk Space Walk. Sadly, I don't have the color poster promised on the cover. I really don't have too much else to say about this track. I couldn't find any online link or reference about Starink.



However since we're on the topic, I'll slip in a little bonus from the Breakin' soundtrack called:


Reckless (1984)  - Chris 'The Glove' Taylor and David Storrs (featuring some rappin' by Ice-T)

.. that was before Ice-T was on Law and Order, but after he was a Hawaiian pimp.  I guess creatively, we'll call this his 'middle period'.

Here's a bit about Mr."The Glove".

No comments:

Post a Comment